Hi Paris here, I am going to show you how to take advantage of the new Auto-Locking security feature for the DPM8000 philips digital voice recorder. This feature allows you to specifically set the time it takes, if any, for the device to password protect it self due to inactivity.
- Connect the DPM 8000 to the computer.
- Open Philips SpeechExec software.
- On the toolbar, click on the gear icon to open the applications Setting menu.
- On the left pane select DPM Configuration and click DPM Settings.
- In the Advanced DPM device configuration window click on Start configuration.
- Select Security in the left pane.
- In the Device Security settings pane, enable at power-on and after inactivity period has elapsed and adjust the inactivity time to your liking.
- Click OK, select Transfer settings to device to upload the new settings to the DPM8000.
- Congratulations, now you can enjoy a more secure dictation experience!
Post By: +Paris Vaughn