Hi everyone, today I want to discuss encryption. Specifically, how to set up different types of encryption on your Philips DPM8000.
The first step to encrypting your DPM8000 is to add a 4-digit PIN to the device. *In order to configure the device you will need SpeecExec dictate or transcribe installed on your PC.
- Connect the DPM800 to you PC.
- Open SpeechExec
- Navigate to the DPM setting icon and click it
- Click on Start Configuration and click on security
- Click on PIN… in Device Security Settings
- Assign a 4-digit numeric password and click OK
- Select “At power-on” or “At power-on and after inactivity“
- If you chose “At power-on and after inactivity” assign an inactivity period
- Click on OK and the settings will be transferred to the device
In the Device Security Settings, you can also Assign a PUK (“PIN unlock”). Think of this as a master PIN. For instance, if you input the wrong PIN on the device 10 times in a row, the DPM8000 will prompt you for the PUK (if one exists). Also, if you set a PUK, you will need it to change or erase the PIN. Also, you cannot reset the PUK on your own; choose wisely.
This post is an example on how to lock or encrypt the device. In my next post, I will discuss how to Encrypt the files stored on your DPM8000.