Paris here, today I am going to talk about corrupt Dragon profile. When opening a user in Dragon Naturally Speaking, the selected user may not open or one of the following error messages may appear:
- “SDAPI Error”
- “Internal Recognizer Error”
- “The vocabulary you have chosen General – Medium is incompatible or invalid”
- “Signal Processing Error”
This can be caused by a corrupt dragon profile. Corruption can be caused by a number of things, power surges while dragon is saving data, aggressive anti-virus software settings or low memory resources.
This fix can help troubleshoot problems with loading Dragon Naturally Speaking related to a corrupt dragon profile.
- Make sure that Dragon Naturally Speaking is closed first.
- Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run box.
- type: %AllUsersProfile% and press Enter.
- Windows XP Users:
Go to Application Data -> Nuance, then open the NaturallySpeaking folder and go to the Users folder.
Windows Vista or above:
Go to the Nuance folder, then open the NaturallySpeaking folder and go to the Users folder.
- Now, go into the folder which is your Dragon username.
- Rename the ‘current’ folder to ‘corrupt’.
- Rename the ‘backup’ folder to ‘current’.
- Open up Dragon and wait for it to load.
- On the Dragon Bar click NaturallySpeaking -> Manage Users.
- Click on your name and then click Advanced -> Backup to create a new backup and wait for it to finish.
- You may now delete the ‘corrupt’ folder.
There you have it, a quick solution to a corrupt dragon profile. If you are still having trouble or would like to have us fix it for you, please contact us and we’ll get back to you straight away.
Post By: +Paris Vaughn