Hi Paris here with a short guide on how to setup Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 speech to text software for remote desktop connection. This will allow for dragon medical remote access.
Some of the benefits of Dragon Medical in a remote desktop connection.
- Eliminates the need for a Citrix client and server software.
- Capacity and quality of audio is the same as using Citrix.
- Reduces the need to upgrade workstations. You can install and configure Dragon on a server without having to worry about workstations meeting the minimum requirements.
- Any applications installed on server can be fully utilized by Dragon just as if you had it locally installed through dragon medical remote access.
- Ensure the server computer meets the system requirements.
- Install Dragon on Windows Server
- From a command prompt, enter gpedit.msc.
Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Device and resource redirection.
Enable “Allow audio and video playback redirection” option
- Open the Control Panel
- Navigate to System and Security > System
- select Remote and enable “Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)” option.
- Install Dragon Client For Remote Desktop
- Connect the microphone that you will use to dictate with Dragon.
- If your computer has multiple audio sources, make sure that your microphone is set as the Default recording.
- From the Dragon Client for Remote Desktop program group, run the Audio Setup Wizard to configure your microphone.
I will be following up on this post about dragon medical remote access with a short tutorial video on our YouTube channel.
UPDATE: Part 1 of the DMPE2 and RDM setup is on our YouTube channel and can be found here
Post By: +Paris Vaughn